Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Beginning

Daughters of David first began in October 2007 when the Lord brought into our lives a young woman who a vision to see girls praising God through dance. Together, her and her two daughters, along with my two sister and I formed the first Daughters of David dance ministry team. After a year, however, our dance leader moved away and the dance team broke up.

Two years later, our church held a Super Sunday for the children's ministry and the woman putting it together asked if my sisters and I would be willing to perform one of our dances. I was hesitant at first, my love for dancing had not extinguished with the break in our first dance team, but I was concerned about the fact that I had absolutely no dance training whatsoever! Still, I couldn't get the idea out of my head. So I told God, "Lord, if you want me to lead the Daughters of David, then you're going to have to show me by giving me the song, the steps and the girls by the end of this week!" By the end of the day He had given me the song, half of the steps and a list of girls I could call. We did perform for that Super Sunday the song "Praise You With The Dance" by Casting Crowns.

Since then six more girls have been added to our group that practices every Thursday in our Church's cafeteria. God has not deserted us and continually shows up in the most amazing ways, revealing His favor and sovereignty when we need it most! God is good! Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hi Sarah,
I enjoyed your dance video.
I also love to dance. I have been doing Davidic dance for almost 5 years. I used dance for a couple of years with a messianic dance team. I still dance with them off and on.
Anna
P.S. Thank you for the comment on my blog:)